23 Things To Do With Your BFF This Summer!
From matching tattoos to suitcase rummages, these cute date ideas will put your boyfriend’s summer plans to shame.By Guest Styler | 18th December 2018
There IS a reason behind our unconditional love for wine and cheese – like friendships, they get better with age. Whether you’ve got ample go-to’s on your favourites list or one serious BFF situation, friends are simply essential. From weekend adventures, weeknight breakdowns and wine-filled support sessions to blind laughing, stomach-hurting hysteria, there is always someone special by your side.
You may see them on-the-daily or only once a month, you know it’s serious when your catch-ups never miss a beat. However, a little reminder of your love for them is always appreciated. So, in raising a glass to the BFF’s out there, we have put together the cutest, most Instagramable list of things to do with your one and only this summer.
1. Get yourself to the biggest gigs happening in 2019! This is your chance to coordinate glit outfits and whip out those synchronised dance moves to the Spotify albums you’ve been blasting for months.
2. Getting fit is 600x easier with your BFF by your side. We love reformer pilates, making encouraging glances and sweat sessions much more enjoyable than a solo workout. We’ve even come up with a list of Brisbane’s best pilates studios for you.
4. Help save the environment with the ultimate friendship bracelets. With the sweetest range of golden, honey-hued accessories, save the bees together! From honeycomb rings to bumble bee earrings, you can raise awareness and much-needed funds, BFF style.
5. Try making DIY beauty products! Food isn’t the only thing you can whip up in the kitchen. E.G. olive oil and brown sugar = an epic lip scrub.
6. Get inked! Engrave your friendship forever with matching tattoos. From fine line initials to floral features, there is nothing more meaningful than getting inked with your BFF.
7. Get together all of your unwanted clothes and register to do a suitcase rummage together!
8. Create the cutest GF party ‘just because’. When you want to celebrate your friendship, why not throw a party! Whether it’s a friendiversary or just a random show of your love, open the champaz and bring out the cheese.
9. Test your partner rock-climbing skills and take on one of the Glass House Mountain Ranges… Eek!
10. Get your float on. While lounging on a swan floatie is the usual go-to, mix things up this summer in a float tank. Choose the couple option for the most relaxing, mindful bonding sesh you could ever imagine.
11. Head to the Lynch Flower Markets at Rocklea, pick out your fave bunches and try making flower crowns, Christmas wreaths or painting still life! Don’t stop there why not check out all the best places to buy plants in Brisbane while you’re at it.
12. Let’s be real, you aren’t really BFF’s if you haven’t danced like maniacs together. What better place to let the boogie take over than at Brisbane’s best after-dark dance hubs with cocktail confidence working its magic?
13. Get out your passports! Travelling alone is seriously sub-par when you can share some amazing experiences side-by-side with your BFF. From Iceland and Scotland to Albania and Montenegro, traverse the globe and experience Europe like QUEENS!
14. Hang ten… Get your surf on, ride some gnarly waves and catch some sick barrels. Summer is here which means bucket list partner surfing lessons and accompanied lingo can finally be ticked off.
15. Road trip! The drive is ALL the fun, with countless hours for karaoke sessions, deep talks, taking wrong turns and exploring nearby places in a new way. From beach stops along the east coast to a road trip to all the ‘big icons’ in Australia as well as a hidden hinterland distillery, Australia by car has a lot to offer.
16. Mix up your weekend plans with a BFF stay-cay at one of Brisbane’s newest hotels. Poolside cocktails, dining sensations, matching robes and room service are a yes from us.
17. Surprise your partner in crime with a night under the stars. Balmy summer nights are for taking your mattress outside, surrounding it with fairy lights and pillows, and enjoying nature.
19. For those going hard on the budget pre-drinks, make your BFF an unforgettable bev with these Vodka and Whisky summer cocktail recipes!
20. You can even book a surprise pamper party! Brooklyn Beauty Bar specialises in pampering BFF’s, with the choice of 57 Gins, ample nail colours and facial treatments to revamp that friendship.
21. Get each other friendship ferns! Things that symbolise friendships are pretty special, especially when you are reminded of your BFF every time you glance over at it. Sit back and watch your love grow!
22. It’s not summer until you’re both heading back from the coast with light sunburn, a bottle of ocean water (DIY sea salt spray) and bunches of PIY strawberries.
23. Sick of your wardrobe? Get your sewing kit out and try editing your clothes with cacti embroidery or turning a maxi into a mini one crafternoon.