Simple Savoury Pancake Recipe
Your morning breakfast repertoire just got boujee.By Astrid Taemets | 30th September 2020
With the long weekend fast approaching, what better way than to spend a sunny morning lazing about in your pjs with a plate of mouth-watering pancakes?
For those wanting to really indulge, skip the pre-mix stuff in lieu of this delectable turmeric pancakes with avocado cream recipe from our health-conscious mates at PomPom Paddock that’ll have you salivating before, during, and after you stuff your face. The easy-to-make savoury dish will make even the most novice chef look like a pro in the kitchen (you’re welcome).
Pancakes ½ cup natural almond meal 5 tbsp PomPom Paddock Cauliflower Flour mix ½ tsp baking powder (gluten & aluminium free) 1/4 cup coconut or plant-based milk 1 tbsp mashed cooked pumpkin 2 tsp organic dried herbs 1 spring onion, chopped Pinch salt & black pepper Pinch organic turmeric & nutmeg Olive oil for frying Avocado Cream ½ avocado 1 tbsp unsweetened coconut yoghurt 1 tsp lemon juice
- In a small mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients; almond meal, PomPom Paddock Cauliflower Flour Mix, baking powder, dried herbs, pepper, salt, nutmeg and turmeric. Mix to combine.
- Add milk and mashed pumpkin. Mix to combine well. If your mixture is too wet, allow to stand for a few minutes.
- With your hands, gently shape tablespoon portions of the mixture into six mini patties.
- Cook on a heated and oiled frying pan for approx two minutes each side or until lightly golden.
- To make avocado cream, mash avocado with coconut yoghurt and lemon juice until combined.
- Serve avocado cream on top of warm pancakes.
Serves 6 Prep time: 25 mins Cook time: 20 mins
Recipe and images supplied by PomPom Paddock.