Simple Savoury Pancake Recipe
Your morning breakfast repertoire just got boujee.
With the long weekend fast approaching, what better way than to spend a sunny morning lazing about in your pjs with a plate of mouth-watering pancakes?
For those wanting to really indulge, skip the pre-mix stuff in lieu of this delectable turmeric pancakes with avocado cream recipe from our health-conscious mates at PomPom Paddock that’ll have you salivating before, during, and after you stuff your face. The easy-to-make savoury dish will make even the most novice chef look like a pro in the kitchen (you’re welcome).
½ cup natural almond meal
5 tbsp PomPom Paddock Cauliflower Flour mix
½ tsp baking powder (gluten & aluminium free)
1/4 cup coconut or plant-based milk
1 tbsp mashed cooked pumpkin
2 tsp organic dried herbs
1 spring onion, chopped
Pinch salt & black pepper
Pinch organic turmeric & nutmeg
Olive oil for frying
1 tbsp unsweetened coconut yoghurt
1 tsp lemon juice
- In a small mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients; almond meal, PomPom Paddock Cauliflower Flour Mix, baking powder, dried herbs, pepper, salt, nutmeg and turmeric. Mix to combine.
- Add milk and mashed pumpkin. Mix to combine well. If your mixture is too wet, allow to stand for a few minutes.
- With your hands, gently shape tablespoon portions of the mixture into six mini patties.
- Cook on a heated and oiled frying pan for approx two minutes each side or until lightly golden.
- To make avocado cream, mash avocado with coconut yoghurt and lemon juice until combined.
- Serve avocado cream on top of warm pancakes.
Prep time: 25 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Recipe and images supplied by PomPom Paddock.