Meet Another Food Blogger, Gavin Sutherland! From cooking taking classes since the age of eleven to epic fishing escapades (as the son of a Scottish fisherman), Gavin’s culinary career has included managing international dining hotspots like Michelin starred PUBLIC restaurant in downtown NYC. Since moving to Brisbane and killing the stay-at-home dad game, he’s busy teaching his little one to love food as much as he does (to little avail), while cooking up a storm in the kitchen! As a big name in the culinary industry, we had to ask Gavin for his grilled lamb and roasted veg salad recipe to share with you!
- 600g butterflied lamb leg
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 250g Brussels sprouts cut in half
- 250g squash, chopped
- 1 red onion cut into wedges
- 2 red chilies, sliced
- 50g feta, crumbled
- 1/2 pomegranate, de-seeded
- 100g rocket
- 2 tbsp pepitas
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 150ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp cold water
View this post on Instagram
1. Remove lamb from the fridge prior to cooking, season and add oil.
2. Cook at 180°C on indirect heat in the barbecue for 20-25 minutes, until 54°C and then sear for one minute on either side to a finished temperature of 56-58°C.
3. Leave the meat to rest for a minimum of ten minutes before slicing.
Lemon Tahini Dressing
1. This couldn't be easier! Grab a mixing bowl or a jar with a lid. Place all ingredients inside and either shake it up or whisk until combined.
Roasted Vegetable Salad
1. Season the squash, sprouts, onion and chilli with salt and oil, and roast in the oven at 180°C for 18-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before assembling the salad.
2. Once vegetables have cooled, add them and the remaining salad ingredients to a large bowl and toss to combine.
3. Add dressing in small amounts to the salad, taste and adjust to your liking.
• Rest your meat – I can't talk about this enough! Read more here.
Calories: 747kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 59g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 260mg | Potassium: 1110mg | Fiber: 7g |Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 7975IU | Vitamin C: 110mg | Calcium: 193mg | Iron: 5mg