Chow Down! Here Are Brisbane’s 10 Best Ramen Spots
Miso happyBy Natalie McGowan | 10th October 2023
Iconic, delicious, belly-warming – ramen. A classic Japanese noodle soup, this beloved dish is a blend of rich, umami broth, perfectly-cooked noodles, and a mixture of toppings, usually including tender chashu pork and soft-boiled eggs. Sounds glorious, right? Right.
Whether you’re after a shoyu or a tonkotsu, we’ve rounded up the very best places to grab a hearty ramen around Brisbane. Happy slurping, folks!
By the way, we consider everyone in this list the best of the best! To make finding your next favourite that much easier, we’ve ordered the list alphabetically by suburb and also have filtering tabs for your convenience. Did we miss someone from the list? Let us know here! Hide the form
- Brisbane CBD
- North Brisbane
- East Brisbane
- South Brisbane
- West Brisbane
- Gold Coast
- Sunshine Coast
- A - Z
- Z - A
From its humble beginnings in the town of Chikushino, Ramen Danbo has taken ramen lovers by storm, with over 35 locations worldwide. We’re lucky enough to be home to three shops in Brisbane and a few more down the coast. This place is an absolute must-try; their flavourful broth is second to none!
Whether you find yourself at their Runcorn or Toowong shop, one thing’s for sure: these guys know how to make delicious ramen. Not only is the food authentic, the cosy, rustic fit-out is something straight out of Tokyo. Best of all, if you finish your noodles but still have soup left, they’ll give you free kaedama, meaning extra noodles. Does it get better than that?
Hai Hai Ramen
Paddington is home to a number of incredible restaurants and Hai Hai Ramen is no exception. A small ramen bar located on Latrobe Terrace, this place is living proof that size doesn’t matter! Chow down on delectable ramen and don’t forget to order a few side dishes – their miso sweet corn and bao buns are next level.
One of Brisbane’s more well-known ramen joints, Taro’s signature bowls are definitely worth checking out. Conveniently located in multiple spots around Brissy, whichever one you decide to check out is guaranteed to fill your belly with a delicious, satisfying meal.
Given the amount of locations they offer, it’s no surprise this iconic chain has found itself on this list. Many of the locations are inside shopping centres, making this a great option for convenient, reliable, and fuss-free ramen! Featuring bar seating reminiscent of traditional Japanese eateries, Hakataya Ramen certainly looks the part, too.
Beppin Ramen & Cake
Enjoy ramen? Enjoy cake? Then mosey on over to Beppin Ramen & Cake where they dish up delicious varieties of both. With a mouth-watering selection of broths, perfectly-chewy noodles, and tasty toppings, this place is well-worth a visit next time you’re in the city.
Men Ya Go
Brisbane City, Fortitude Valley
Slurp-worthy ramen and delectable side dishes await at this Brisbane City and Fortitude Valley joint. Its three inner-city locations make Men Ya Go the perfect stomping ground for those on a 9 to 5 looking for a lunchtime pick-me-up. Fancy some karaage chicken as well? It’s so good it could almost be the star of the show.
No matter where you’re located, it seems there’s a Motto Motto a stone’s throw away. Born out of the kitchen of Sono – one of Brisbane’s most acclaimed Japanese restaurants – you know you’re in for something special when you step foot inside a Motto Motto. TBH, their whole menu is delicious, but their ramen is a real treat.
Sunnybank Hills, Macgregor
Looking for a challenge? Ramen Champion serves up huge bowls suitable for only the most serious of ramen enthusiasts. Offering Brisbane’s only Giant Ramen challenge that 10% of eaters can finish, these scrumptious bowls are no joke. For the other 90%, their regularly-sized bowls are equally as scrumptious and a whole lot more manageable.
Tatsu Ramen Gyoza Bar
Amongst the hustle and bustle of the Valley is where you’ll find this hidden gem, Tatsu Ramen Gyoza Bar. This cool, Izakaya-style restaurant and bar does authentic ramen and is known for its rich broth and tender pork. And make sure you order some gyoza on the side – it’s in the name after all!