The 40s will forever be remembered for below-the-knee skirts, making those peep-toe heels and swing dance moves all the more provocative. The Doo-Bop Jazz Bar is home to the true lovers of Jazz, bringing swing back to life in Brisbane. On Friday, Nov 2 from 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm, they are hosting the ultimate tribute to jazz and soul queen Aretha Franklin. Aretha’s silky voice is like a warm embrace, with her empowering songs ‘Respect’ and ‘I say a Little Prayer,’ bringing us to smile every time they’re played.
Who else could do Aretha justice than Brisbane’s own acclaimed singer Chrislyn Hamilton? Having made her rounds on many Australian talent competitions with her show-stopping vocals, her sensational performances have captured the hearts of Australians. With a range of local talent accompanying Chrislyn, you can expect bass, guitar, drums, keyboards and backing vocals for a truly outstanding performance.
Get yourself into the competition to win tickets to this sold-out tribute to one of the most defining voices of the 20th Century. Tickets include a meal, and a merchandise bag, set to make any die-hard Aretha fan swoon. For more info on the event click here.
• 2 Tickets to “A Tribute to Aretha Franklin with Chrislyn Hamilton”
• A main meal for each guest
• Doo-Bop merchandise bag (Hats/T-Shirts/Key-rings/vouchers etc.)
Total Prize Value: $260
To view all of our competitions click here.
Liked this? You’ll love these!
1. Where You Can Find The Best Free Live Music In Brisbane 7 Days A Week
2. 18 Events Happening In Brisbane This October To Add To Your Calendar
3. Where To Go In Brisbane When You Just Want To Dance