Now while we all love wine time, a day at the shops or grabbing a coffee with our girlfriends, have you noticed your friend dates are becoming a little bit repetitive? Perhaps you need a little more sparkle in your relationship, as Carrie Bradshaw would remind us.
Sparkle shouldn’t be strictly reserved for our partners, so why not treat your PIC (partner in crime) to an exciting friend date? Warm and fuzzy feelings are guaranteed and who doesn’t love a cute day/night with the girls. Because after all, friendships don’t magically last forty years… you have to invest in them. If you have some besties that are worth every penny, it’s time you treated them.
Okay ladies (and gentlemen), grab a beer and settle in because this is going to be one hell of a list.
1. Go to a nursery and buy a friend fern. Similar to the “love fern” in How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days, but for your bestie instead.
2. Fancy yourself a fit-biddy? Train together for a fun run or another fitness challenge. You know, if you’re into that sort of thing…
3. Or, do something completely opposite and check out one of Brisbane’s best all-you-can-eat restaurants.
4. Go and pat some pooches together at a dog park or café. As much as you may want to, pleeasseee do not dog-nap any of the puppies. That’s not cool.
5. Hit up Brisbane’s ultimate day spa experience right in the CBD. Their full-service bar is perfect for BFF dates, because pedicures and champers were made to be enjoyed together. Mic drop.
6. Bust out the picnic rug and enjoy a few glasses of rosé while you people watch at Southbank.
7. Do something really out of the blue and check out the secret snorkelling destination only an hour from Brisbane. Make sure you have a waterproof phone case so you can nab the ultimate underwater-selfie!
8. Pour yourselves a glass of wine and put on an episode of The Office (for the 72nd time). Guaranteed giggles, no matter how many times you have watched it. If you’re not into The Office, first of all, why not? Secondly, that’s fine. Check out everything new to watch on Netflix here.
9. Become culinary queens and book a cooking class together, because you can’t afford to eat out every night and mi goreng gets boring…
10. If you both consider yourselves “coffee aficionados”, hit up some of our fave coffee spots in Brisbane. If you decide to go café hopping, stop once you get the shakes…
11. Drive an hour south and find yourself at Palazzo Versace for a cocktail and some celebrity spotting.
12. Visit an op-shop (play Macklemore on the way to get you in the mood) and put together an outfit for each other.
13. Buy a few new pieces of boho décor with your bestie and get your feng shui on.
14. Brisbane is cradled between lush green rolling hills, so take advantage and go for a little drive up to Mount Coot-tha Botanic Gardens.
15. Knowledge is power and when it comes to wine the more power to you! Tour the Sirromet Winery at Mount Cotton and get a little tipsy in the process. Now when you’re out drinking with friends you can totally impress them with your wine knowledge. “This”, * swirls drink*, “is a white” – Michael Scott.
16. Try your hand (or foot?) at surfing with our pick of the best surfing spots (and schools if you’re a totally newbie) near Brisbane.
17. Hit up one of the many Brisbane breweries that are putting craft beer front and centre.
18. Forget the mainstream movies. Get a little luxe back in your cinema experience and visit Brisbane’s boutique Dendy Cinemas! They have cult movie marathons regularly, and you’ll be totally impressed with how many quotes you can remember.
19. Visit the new Mecca in Wintergarden and treat yo’selves to an entirely new beauty arsenal. Tip: make sure you ask the beauticians if you can try nine products to “make sure you like them”. A.k.a., getting your makeup done for free…
20. Take your new purchases and create a fake ‘makeup tutorial’ together. Trust us, it’ll have you in stitches when you watch it back.
21. Need a sea change? Create a bangin’ old school playlist, fill up the car and make your way down the M1 for a beach day on the Gold Coast.
22. Or, if the crisp mountain air is more your cup of green tea, road trip up to the Gold Coast Hinterland. It’s kind of magical and the lookouts are breathtaking.
23. Book in a friend date at Cork & Chroma and enjoy a drink while you paint. But as their website warns: don’t drink the paint.
24. Let off some steam and fire up your metabolisms with a boxing class.
26. Do a wardrobe swap. It always looked better on you and she knows it…
27. Or, if all of this is just too much effort, pop on a facemask and spend the afternoon just doing nothing. Is there any sweeter way to spend time with your BFF?
Liked this? You’ll love these!
1. Our Pick Of The Best Coffee In Brisbane: 2017 Northside Edit
2. The Ultimate Flower Gift Guide For Every Girl In Your Life
3. 7 Bizarre Beauty Treatments You Need To Try ASAP