Sprucing up the home can be as easy or as hard as you make it, say design duo sisters and TV renovation stars Katrina Chambers and Amie Godde. With a plethora of styling and renovation shows hitting our screens once again, the girls predict design discussion will be abuzz. That’s why the ladies have recently launched Design Tribe; a forum aimed at creating an online design community where everyone can share ideas, freely ask questions and engage with design experts. “It’s like having a group of designers at your fingertips and it’s all free,” they say.
As a preview, the ladies wanted to share five simple tips to give your home a little lift:
1. Paint is inexpensive and so easy to do yourself. Start with one room. Don’t overwhelm yourself and think you’ll have to paint the entire house. Start small.
2. Buy new bed linen. Fresh colours and styles can be easily changed with simple bed linen.
3. Buy indoor plants. They last longer than buying fresh flowers every week and really brighten a room.
4. Let go. People feel they have to keep everything! One thing new in the house means one thing has to go out. Time for a garage sale maybe?
5. Have a go at some DIY. If you need artwork for a wall, pop on to somewhere like Pinterest and get some inspiration. You never know what you can actually do yourself.