Check me out! Big thanks again to illustrator Grace Haddan for the picture above, putting me in the spotlight. Love it!
But, enough about me… week four is finally here:
What you may know and what you may not know…
- So I’m told I have to clarify one of my ‘overheards’ from last week… the event that Prime Minster Tony Abbott will be officially opening is this weekend’s Paniyiri Greek Festival – Opa! I know where I’ll be this weekend, if not for the honeypuffs alone.
- Coinciding with the 15th year of Australia’s first beauty e-retailer Adore Beauty, the beauty e-retailer has just launched a brand new site. The site now includes a live chat function for expert advice from beauty therapists and make-up artists, a Beauty IQ blog with videos, live tutorials and how-tos and the ability to view what other Australians are buying- how nifty!
- A little birdy tells me that The Block Sky High's Trixie and Johnno will be appearing at this year's Queensland Caravan, Camping and Touring Supershow(June 3 to 9). The pair have been busy posting about their latest caravan renovation project on their Instagram
- Construction began this week for a new Supa Golf course to open in October at Sirromet Winery, Mount Cotton. Supa Golf is a modified form of golf with oversized clubs and bigger golf balls, designed to be easier (and quicker) to play than the traditional game. The course will offer nine holes that can be easily completed in less than one hour, leaving plenty of time for a drink or lunch at Lurleen's Restaurant!
- Taylor Swift released a new music video this week for her single ‘Bad Blood’ and many sources have speculated that the song itself is about Katy Perry’s betrayal last year, when she apparently tried to sabotage Taylor’s arena tour by poaching back up dancers from beneath her. Haven’t seen the video yet? Check out Style’s article now, it even has a cameo bingo game to play while you watch it.
“They were such sluts… but good on ‘em.” – Overheard in the line for a coffee.
“This is the best Salmon I have ever tasted,” – Overheard at the Noosa Food and Wine Festival, said by a woman eating tuna.
“It looks really dodgy, like all good ramen shops should,” - overheard in the office when my colleagues were discussing Brisbane’s best noodle bars.
Feel free to send me any gossip you may have – I’ll kindly read it all!
Check in with my column next week for more!