New, new, new… This week is all about the newest Brisbane opens, eats and beauty treats.
What you may know and what you may not know…
- A different sort of 'Hot Mess' can be found in the Valley this winter and it’s at Dutch Courage Officer's Mess on Alfred Street. The Hot Mess is a fried chicken dish topped with salty pretzels, sweet chocolate sauce and a spicy kick and is priced at $20 every day of the week or $24 with a glass of wine Sunday to Thursday.
- A Japanese favourite hits James Street this winter, with Gerard’s bar announcing this week to offer delicious, steamy ramen every Wednesday from 3pm. It’s made in-house and can be paired with traditional warm Sake!
- A new Alehouse and Kitchen is opening in July on Edward Street, showcasing a European menu with Australian brewed beers. Keep an eye out for Mr Edwards Alehouse & Kitchen.
- A new Brisbane underground venue opens next week, welcoming the return of the bootleg era and the taboo of the speakeasy. Prohibition, has three separate spaces, with a focus on classic cocktails, hard liquor, attentive service and in the coming months, an elite line-up of international headline DJs and post-concert after parties.
New in beauty…
- You know how relaxing a bath can be, right? Well imagine floating in a relaxing environment on your lunch break or after a stressful day, for a truly unique (and quirky) health and wellbeing experience. Just Float, opens on Queen Street on July 1 and offers people the chance to immerse themselves in a float tank where the water temperature is constantly maintained at skin temperature, losing the sense of where your body ends and the water begins.
“ I better not try Heroin because I know I’m going to love it too much after trying those surgery drugs.”
Feel free to send me any gossip you may have – I’ll kindly read it all!
Check in with my column next week for more!