Hi Stylers! I think I’m getting the hang of this now. Perhaps third week’s a charm?
Before I get in to my weekly update, I want to say a huge thanks to illustrator Grace Haddan for my new profile picture at the bottom of this article – I look amazing! Haha.
But, I know what you’re really here for… Here’s week 3:
What you may know and what you may not know…
- Hold on to your Loubs, ladies! Word is The Devil Wears Prada is on its way to becoming a Broadway musical adaptation. Broadway producer Kevin McCollum has announced he will be transforming this fashion fave into a musical, among other popular 20th Century Fox films. Squeal!
- Keep your eyes peeled! This month there's set to be a new all-day bar and diner on Ann St, but not on the street level … eleven floors up!
- Were you duped by Sarah Jessica Parker’s recent Instagram snap teasing to a third installment of the Sex And The City movie? Don’t worry, I forgive you… it was just wishful thinking, right? Anyway, she has now come clean and announced it was actually all just to promote her new shoe line, SPJ Collection. BOO!
- Brisbane is constantly revealing new openings, but with new openings, inevitably things must close and this week we said goodbye to Locanda in the M&A precinct. Let me know if you have insider knowledge on what will be moving in, in its place.
- Bakery Lane might have only opened recently, but I’ve heard there are already plans in the works to extend it on the other side of the street, with the possibility of one of my regular coffee hotspots, Reverends to extend out the back and transforming it to an after-hours bar, along with neighbouring venues Brat Haus and Beach Burrito.
“I heard Prime Minister Tony Abbott will be attending the launch to officially open the event too.”- Overheard at an event, while eating some delicious home made honeypuffs.
“Ugh! I really don’t want to buy these 8s… I know I’ve only just had a baby, but I’ve always been a 6 and this is like, just not right.” - Overheard from the inside of a change room.
Feel free to send me any gossip you may have – I’ll kindly read it all!
Check in with my column next week for more!