I’m back again!
Unfortunately (*mostly for you), I have been on the road this week and in turn have given my colleagues and unknowing Brisbane-ites a break from my pricked ears and prying nose.
But I’m back and ready for a fabulous weekend – how about this weather, right? Simply gorgeous.
So here I go for Week 2…
What you may know and what you may not know…
- The venue space where Lady Lamington once stood, an old favourite of mine, has recently been revamped into a ‘chapel’. High Church has been beautifully renovated with a heritage meets contemporary style.
- I love my markets and the more the merrier, I always say. I’ve heard a new market is emerging in Red Hill from May 31!
- 24-Hour entertainment precinct, the Treasury, has announced they will service an open-air cinema soon… Let’s hope they have some blankets available coming in to the chilly months.
- Delfina’s Bistro officially opened in the Emporium this week.
- There can never be too many Friday knock off options and Emjays (City) have recently added their event to the mix.
- Want a new Sunday spot on the river? Blackbird have recently launched their ‘Aperol Sundays’ event.
- I’m told one of Australia’s biggest parenting blogs will take its show on the road this June at Rydges South Bank for an exclusive and empowering conference.
As I mentioned, low on the overheard comments this week, but watch out next week everyone!
“I have such respect for burlesque dancers. They’re like sexy dancers. What woman doesn’t want to wear nipple tassels… really…” overheard in the queue at a bar.
“I swear that woman I was just talking to totally looked just like Delta Goodrem… Wait, hold on, was I just talking to Delta? I was, wasn’t I.” – Said in a Brisbane hotel lobby.
Feel free to send me any gossip you may have – I’ll kindly read it all!
Check in with my column next week for more!