We've been hearing a lot of hype surrounding the Brisbane's newest hot Pilates class. So, naturally, we had to try it for ourselves. We sent Styler and hot Pilates newbie Candice to try out the class and report back with her honest thoughts.
So if you’ve made the decision to give hot Pilates a try and have no idea what you’re in for… well now you do:
- Water bottle- check. Towel- check.
- Oh, everyone has yoga mats. Damn it.
- Woo-hoo, only $2 to rent one, easssssyy.
- Alright, now where to put my mat…
- I’ll have to squeeze between those girls and that dude without his shirt on… oh heyyyyy!
- Oh, I’m glad I wore my nice gym clothes instead of those worn out, near-transparent tights I bought in 2010!
- I wonder if they’ll know I’m new. Just act normal :|
- We’re starting with what stretch? Arghh! who will I copy?
- Oh! The instructor is going to demonstrate. Fabulous.
- This music is great, I’m pumped. Let’s do this.
- Am I feeling those abdominals? Sure am!
- It’s starting to get quite hot in here.
- My legs are definitely in the fat burning zonnnnneee.
- How long have I been in here? OMG, only 10 minutes?! Is that clock broken?
- Wow! This is definitely a workout. I'm going to feel this tomorrow!
- Oh gosh, I hope I don’t accidentally kick someone in the face. They’ll know I’m a newbie for sure.
- OMG. The sweat is real. Glad I reapplied deodorant before I came!
- I wonder if the guy next to me will notice if I face dive into my towel to mop up this facial sweat.
- This move is challenging. Thank god for the newbie adjustments.
- My arms feel like jelly and I’m not even holding weights. What is this sorcery? Oh, you call it ‘body weight resistance’, ahhh.
- I know the instructor said not to worry about what everyone else is doing, but woo-hoo, I can get my leg as high as that girl!
- Okay, count it down. Only 10 seconds left…. Longest 10 seconds ever.
- Phew. Floor work; this has got to be easier.
- Oh, I was wrong. So, so, wrong.
- * Raises legs and arms in the air to simulate swimming* I don’t remember swimming ever being this hard. Faster! Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming.
- Oh no, now the instructor is walking around checking our stance... Don't come over, don't come over. Here she comes. Phew no corrections. My posture's on point!
- Ahh, time for child’s pose. This is def my fave pose.
- Oh the class is done already? Yeah, I’ll clap to that – so much better than the 'high fives' I had to do at the end of boot camp last week....
- Hello fresh chilled coconut. Don’t mind if I do.
- That was harder than I thought – but awesome! I’m totally going to tell my friends to come with me next week.
In case you haven’t heard, Harlow Hot Pilates & Yoga in Brisbane have recently introduced Hot Pilates to their class timetable. By adding Far Infra-red heat to traditional Pilates, they’ve packed even more fat-burning, health and wellbeing benefits to the 60 minutes workout. Read more about the classes benefits here.
Don’t take my word for it though, give Harlow’s Hot Pilates a try by registering for a free pass here.
Always consult your doctor before embarking on any new fitness program, especially if you have a pre-existing medical condition or have not exercised in a long time.
Harlow Hot Pilates & Yoga
4/5 Byres St, Newstead & 25 Finchley St, Milton
P 07 3145 0060 www.harlowyoga.com.au
Please note that this post has been sponsored. However, all opinions expressed by the writer are genuine and in their own words.