So you’ve been with your significant other for a while now. But when was the last time you guys had a significant night out? Do you remember? Was it even this year? Time sure flies.
Everyone deserves a special night out with the one they love, sans kids, sans drama and sans a drunken cab ride home. We’re thinking a romantic dinner, a night-sky view and a room waiting with luxury bedding. For a good night’s sleep, of course. Sleep is important.
So when you need that extra push to book that date night staycay you deserve, or need to convince your other half to get on board with your great idea, just say “Because.” And if that doesn’t work, add these brilliant reasons to your argument:
1. Because you work hard for the money
So hard for the money.
2. Because you “forgot” to do the groceries this week
Look, it’s not your fault the fridge and pantry will conveniently be empty come Friday night. Date night?
3. Because your credit card is not prepared for a trip to New York right now
Oh, the clothes your plastic would purchase!
4. Because you’re all caught up on Netflix
You’re ready for the real world again.
5. Because you made it through a whole working week without dying
When it came to Thursday, you really weren’t sure. But you did it.
6. Because it’s been too long since you had some one-on-one time with your partner
A romantic dinner, flowers and dressing fancy never hurt anyone.
7. Because you want a break from the pesky neighbours who party every. Single. Weekend.
Don’t they get tired? How do they go on? It’s surely witchcraft.
8. Because you don’t want to cook or clean
It’s really a simple reason, and it can NEVER be used too much.
9. Because you only pushed the snooze button, like, 12 times this morning
Progress is everything, guys. You actually deserve a gold medal, but I GUESS you could settle for a staycay. You’re all about compromise.
10. Because booking an actual vacation with passports and things is hard
That would also mean a trip to the post office for a new passport photo, and that’s just too much effort.
11. Because you can’t remember when you last left the house
And actually enjoyed it. The time you had to visit your aunt was less than ideal.
12. Because of that time you said “I deserve a staycay”
Still true, by the way.
13. Because you tied your shoes today
Look, you could’ve opted for Velcro or slip-ons, but you saw a challenge and overcame it!
14. Because you’re worth it
15. Because #treatyourself
Is there really any better reason to book a date night staycation? (Spoiler: the answer is no.)