The ultimate Queensland beach holiday has always been a steamy affair but this spring/summer we’re taking on cool marine influences. These classic must-have pieces provide a fantastic springboard for your seaside wardrobe.
1. Breezy tank $129, Vacation pant $189, Zissou sunglasses $169, Lola heel $269, Gorman
Ethereal seaside glamour doesn’t have to invoke the typical floor-length dress. Play with nonchalant beachy romance and use your casual separates to create a look with clean lines and exciting accessories.
2. Jane cats eye sunglasses $49.95, Seed Heritage
Marine blues and metallic accents will craft up a sense of iridescence, perfect for a luminous and dewy staycation vibe.
3. Cotton wardrobe fitted tee $345.40, Josh Goot
Contrast your soft daytime look with a shock of shine. This piece is an incredibly versatile addition to your wardrobe rotation and fantastic when packing for a getaway. Sometimes you just need something a little different for even the most casual affairs.
4. Chloe tie short soft blue $79.95, Sportsgirl
From deckchairs to beach balls, shorts are the fashion must-have that let you do it all. Sun, sea and sand are our top priority this summer, not the Marilyn moment with a floaty dress. The shorts cinch you in at the waist and show your nautical side.
5. Four Shadows playsuit $219.95, Cameo Collective
There’s just something about those seaside moments that calls for a flouncy playsuit. Whether you’re Hamptons-bound, sipping on Pimm’s in Noosa or wandering around a shopping centre, tis playsuit is simply perfect.
6. Tessellate tunic $169.95, Keepsake The Label (http://www.theiconic.com.au/tessellate-tunic-221908.html)
White is a timeless shade that invites a fresh, fashionable look. While it’s easy to rush with this piece and opt for a white-on-white outfit, remember to play with textures and shapes to achieve the look.
7. Flounce blouse $69.95, Zara
Bare those shoulders this season; it’s all about shrugging off a stressful year. A shoulder silhouette makes for the perfect beach-to-bar outfit switch.
8. Claire flatform $96.75, Country Road
The “ugly” shoe trend is back and it has its pretty face on. These part-wedge, part-flat shoes are airy, casual and comfortable, with the espadrille-esque sole expresses a European summer favourite.
9. Hold all tote $79.95, Zara
This oh-so-practical tote bag will take you through this season. Empty out your laptop and papers and fill it up with makeup necessities and a headscarf to play out your roadtrip montage dreams.
10. Button through tie top $99.95, Summer culottes $99.95, Seed Heritage
Just when you thought a go-to white shirt was as basic as it got, fashion has added another twist. This look is one that will take you off duty and into the sunshine beaming bright.