You are not your body, or your hair, or your face. You are not just a physical being. You've spent years with an eating disorder, self-harming and having panic attacks. So many years despising every little thing about yourself. What about all the great stuff about yourself that you won't acknowledge? And what about all the amazing stuff happening in the world around you that you're missing.
Here's a bit of what your future holds:
- You overcome bulimia. It's unbelievably hard, but you finally realize your body deserves better.
- You have a beautiful son and realise you are terrified of passing on your negative self talk to him. You got counselling and made the decision to take control of your life & your unhelpful thoughts.
- You instill in him a strong sense of self-love & awareness. Feels so good that you do the same for yourself.
- You become chronically ill. You are told you may not survive and you sit by as your organs stop functioning effectively, desperate to be well. Lots of time in hospital and lots of time to reflect how precious life is. After many years and a lot of scares, you are well. You don't take your body or time for granted.
- You complete that Psychology degree. Yep, the one you were terrified to finish for fear that you'd suck as a therapist.
- You don't suck as a therapist. In fact, you start your own private practice. Do you know why you did this? To help other women overcome low self-esteem. You do that every day.
You couldn't be happier. You deserve this.
- Seek improvement not perfection. Improvement is achievable; perfection is not.
- There’s more to food than calories; eat for nourishment, good health and wellbeing.
- Your skin condition is your body telling you that something is wrong; change your diet.
- You are a lot smarter than you think you are; stop doubting yourself.
- You only get smarter, stronger and better by tackling things you don’t understand yet, things you’re scared of or things you’re not so good at. Challenge yourself!
- Stay out of the sun
- Learn as much as you can from your grandmother
- Live in a sharehouse with girlfriends