Easter Goes Gourmet This Year with Labby
- Gone are the days of normal hot cross buns. Celeb chefs are now getting involved with UK cook Heston Blumenthal releasing a lemon myrtle hot cross bun in Coles for those who want to be a little posh on Easter Sunday.
- This year, Brumby’s have made hot cross bun even sweeter by replacing the boring old sultanas and creating a Nutella hot cross bun. Yum!
- But, everyone knows the best part of Easter is the chocolate eggs. You can't go wrong as long as you stay clear of carob chocolate; no one likes a cheapskate Easter bunny.
Stav’s Autumn Beauty Tips
First up I will say men do not understand beauty rituals. It’s a tradition passed on from mother to daughter that men just don’t understand. But from our perspective, here are some tips to help the ladies out this autumn!
- Don’t do your make up in the car. We would rather you arrive late and makeup-less than on time with a mascara brush wedged up your nose.
- Men always say we prefer a natural looking woman with no makeup. And that’s true, so long as you naturally look like Kiera Knightley.
- Ladies always do their makeup the same way. Lipstick, eyeliner, blush. Why not mix it up this season? Do a tiger! Or a Spiderman!
- If you ladies continue to lie about how much make up you wear, we men will continue to lie about our manhood… It’s only fair.
Making Mother's Day Special with Abby
I wish I had given my mum more homemade cards when I was younger because now that I’m a mum, I love anything my son Finn makes for me! Dads: you can’t go wrong buying materials for the kids to make something for your partner this Mother’s Day! But, I have put together other ways to celebrate those wonderful Brisbane mums!
Mother's Day Classic
I love this event as it has a great atmosphere, especially knowing that you are helping out other ladies! Get a group together and be part of Australia’s biggest charity fun run, The Mother's Day Classic. Funds go towards breast cancer research and you can participate in the 4.5km run, 8km run, or walk. A special part of the Mother’s Day Classic is the tribute wall featured in the centre of the South Bank. Participants can write a tribute card in memory of a loved one or fill it with words of encouragement to someone currently undergoing treatment. Remember to fill in a tribute card to wear on the day, then pin your tribute card to the wall after your run or walk.
Mother's Day Classic, Sunday 11 May
Mother's Day Sweet Treats
I may just be getting swept up in the royal visit of Prince William and Duchess Catherine, but I’m loving high tea at the moment. Mother’s Day is the perfect day to indulge and act like a princess. Get in early at Bacchus for their special Mother’s Day High Tea, as it was a sell out last year. Moet anyone?
Mother's Day High Teat at Bacchus, Sunday 11 May
Indulge Your Mum
I’m yet to find a lady who hasn’t been thrilled with a day spa voucher, so indulge your mum with a facial or massage that will leave her feeling like brand new. If you have left it to the last minute, gift certificates can be bought online at www.harbourdayspa.com.au and emailed or posted directly to mum. Gift vouchers can be redeemed at the spa in Surfers Paradise or Raby Bay.