What if I told you that I had the secret – what would you be willing to pay?
I’m guessing it would be a lot - as we are spending millions of dollars each year on health and fitness products, diet foods and fads, pills, potions…… and yet as a nation we’re getting fatter and fatter.
Let me ask you this: If there was a magic fast blasting pill out there, or a special shake, piece of gym equipment or even wonder food, do you think Oprah would still be fat? I don’t think so.
I do have the secret to fat loss and I am going to give it to you - I don’t care what excuse you come up with, be it genetics, big bones, thyroid issues or the old “I’ve tried everything and nothing works” statement. This is the secret to fat loss and EVERYONE can do.
1. Natural, unprocessed, fresh food is good for you – eat it everyday. My motto is: “You don’t have to like it, you just have to eat it”. Stop sounding like a two year old and eat your vegetables.
2. Exercise every day. You do have the time, you just need to prioritise. Just thirty minutes a day is ample time to get a good workout. You don’t need fancy equipment, music, the latest nike shoes or a sunny day – you just need to move. Find something that you enjoy and do it everyday.
3. It's not a diet, and it's not a 12 week detox process; it's a lifestyle change. If you're not committed to doing it for the rest of your life don't expect the results to stay with you for the rest of your life.
4. Drink water.. .. lots of it.
5. Be honest with yourself. Eating a piece of chocolate cake in private does just as much damage to the fat stores as it does in public.
6. Change your mindset. You don’t “deserve” rubbish food if you’ve had a long day at work, if you’ve been good all week, if you’re stressed, run down or lonely. What you need is a bubble bath, a good book and time to think things through. A block of chocolate is not going to solve your problems.
7. Hard work. If you’re willing to follow these simple rules, I guarantee you will succeed in losing fat. However (you may not like this part – hence why we are an obese nation) it takes organisation, good time management skills, planning, avoiding temptation, dedication and sticking to it ALL THE TIME.