Not to be dramatic or anything, but here at Style HQ we love food. Like, really really love food. So when it was first announced that Three Blue Ducks of Byron Bay fame would be making their way up to the Sunshine State, it's pretty obvious that we flipped. In the food-journo world, this is the equivalent of George Clooney moving in next door.
After plenty of teasers and weeks of waiting, Three Blue Ducks finally opened the doors of their new Brisbane home, on the third floor of the stunning W Hotel. Wasting no time, we immediately bee-lined our way to the new restaurant. And oh my god was it worth the wait or what.
If you need a little bit of convincing, we've put together 7 reasons why you need to high-tail your way to Three Blue Ducks immediately.
1. With a wide deck that opens up completely when the weather is nice, the third floor of the W Hotel boasts some pretty stunning views. Take in panoramic views of South Brisbane and the Brown Snake, all while immersed in W's very own kitschy-cute decór.
2. They do breakfast! Choose from either the à la carte menu (how does the mushroom omelette with cheese, confit onion, tomato & chive sound?) or go the full nine-yards and tuck into a full buffet breakfast. If you need to add a little pep to your step, they are serving up incredible Single O coffee. Or, we wouldn't judge you for getting a Bloody Mary either...
3. Their wholesome and holistic approach to dining makes you feel good from the inside out. With an emphasis on fresh, local produce, they have taken the paddock-to-plate ethos and injected their own unique flavour into it. And we can't help but go back for seconds.
4. Two words: lamb shoulder. Slow-roasted and served with pea, zucchini, squash, red onion, mint & lemon dressing, this dish alone is a reason to get to Three Blue Ducks immediately.
5. Their bar team have created a perfectly curated drinks list that means you'll never be parched. Plus, if you don't know your sav blanc from your cab sav, their expert staff can help you pair your wine with your meal. Classy.
Liked this? You'll love these!