If you’re looking for a delicious and easy dessert, look no further than this recipe for Haigh’s Dark Chocolate Honeycomb Mousse! With just four ingredients, you can entertain the family in record time.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Chilling Time: 2 hours
200g Haigh’s Dark Honeycomb Block roughly chopped
4 extra-large eggs (at room temperature), separated
¼ cup (55g) golden caster sugar 400ml thickened cream
1. Pour boiling water into a large saucepan, about a quarter full.
2. Sit a large bowl on top, ensuring it doesn’t touch the boiling water.
3. Add 180g of Haigh’s Dark Honeycomb Block and stir occasionally until the chocolate has fully melted. Remove the bowl from heat and allow to cool. Reserve the remaining chocolate for serving.
4. Place egg yolks and 2 tablespoons of sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Use an electric mixer and beat until thick and mousse-like.
5. Add the mixture to the cooled melted chocolate. Fold through gently to combine.
6. Whisk egg whites in a clean mixing bowl and add remaining sugar, beating until thick and glossy. Add the beaten egg whites to chocolate mixture and fold.
7. Add cream and beat using an electric mixer until soft, being careful not to overbeat the cream.
8. Add ¾ of the whipped cream to the chocolate mixture and fold.
9. Place the remaining cream in a small bowl and cover in plastic wrap. Reserve for serving.
10. Evenly divide chocolate mixture between
6 glass tumblers, ramekins or small bowls.
11. Place each one on a tray and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to set.
12. To serve, place a teaspoon of whipped cream on top of each mousse.