Looking for a great, quick and healthy breakfast option for when you’re rushing to get out the door? Whether you like sweet or savoury (or can never decided - make one of both) for your morning meal, these breakfast toasties will do the trick!
Lorna Jane’s Nourish Cafés use charcoal sourdough; however, any bread you have at home will work well with recipes. If bread's not your thing, try making these on a rice or corn cake. Mmmm... Yum!
Nut butter toastie with strawberry, banana, pistachio and honey
You can be a sweet tooth AND be healthy with a toastie filled with strawberries (rich in vitamin C) and potassium-filled banana. This toastie recipe is perfect for muscle recovery or as a delicious breakfast on the go!
1 tbsp nut butter
2 strawberries, sliced
½ banana, sliced
Drizzle of honey
1. Toast bread, spread with nut butter
2. Layer over banana & strawberry
3. Drizzle over honey and sprinkle with pistachio
Pesto tomato toastie
1 tbsp pesto
1 tbsp Philly cheese
3 slices tomato
Cracked black pepper
1. Toast bread, spread with pesto
2. Spread over creamed cheese
3. Layer over sliced tomato, then finish with sprouts and cracked black pepper
Smashed avocado Toastie
We absolutely LOVE avocados! They’re full of good fats (monounsaturated, to be precise) that can help us absorb fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E, K), create a protective layer around our organs and keep our hormones happy. And avocados make everything taste fresher.
1. Smash avocado until nice and chunky
2. Spread over toasted bread
3. Finish with a squeeze of lemon, a pinch of smoked paprika, salt and pepper
Image and recipe credits: Nourish Cafés, by Lorna Jane