If you’re looking for a classier alternative to pre or post race da venues, some awesome digs to host your next event, or your new Saturday morning breakfast spot, Racecourse Road has just the spot.
Newest kid on the block, The Stables Craft Bar and Kitchen, isn’t just a watering-hole for the after-party goers of Brisbane’s race day events (although it does pretty damn well too) - it’s much, much more. Here are five reasons why you need to add this brand spankin' new boutique bar and restaurant to your to do list. Get to it!
1) If you’re only going to be in the area if attending a Race Day event, and you’re one of just a few still wearing your shoes afterwards, head over to Stables for a classier after-party venue. With more of a boutique vibe, Stables is a great place to kick-up your heels after the dust has settled on the racetrack. Need somewhere to meet up before you head to the race-track to line your stomach and whet the whistle? Stables has you covered there too.
2) Centrally located and with an understated rustic, yet urban interior, Stables is a great choice for birthdays and parties, with space available for functions. It’s uber cool and cosy, meaning it’s intimate enough for smaller functions, with enough seating and an awesome vibe to create a wow factor at your larger functions too.
3) Having just launched a weekend breakfast menu, The Stables Craft Bar and Kitchen is breaking into the Brisbane breakfast scene with dishes set to rival even the best inner-city locations. From egg-benny sliders for the traditional breakfast-lover, to beetroot hummus, goat's cheese and pistachio served on fresh roti bread for the more adventurous eaters, you’ll be sure to find something to satisfy your morning cravings. But get in quick, they change up their menu every month to keep things interesting!
4) If hump day is harder for you than most to get through, Stables is perfect for that casual mid-week vino and share plate catch-up with the bestie - or work lunch and 'meeting' with a colleague. With a pm menu centred around sharing with some pretty incredible sounding dishes including things like Bourbon Glazed Porkbelly Paddle Pops w/ Peppered Sour Cream and Chives (pictured), and a Warm Beetroot and Ancient Grains Salad, it’s a great place to unwind with good company, and even better food.
5) Serving up a great selection of Australian and local craft beers on tap, Stables also serves wines from smaller vineyards making them a good to spot for beverage-connoisseurs. They do regular tastings with their beer and wine suppliers too (who doesn't love an education?), which you can find out all about via their Instagram - @Stablescraftbar
Just a quick note: This post is sponsored, but we only write about things we reckon you’ll think are awesome. We’re all about sharing the love here at Style, and it’s the love from sponsors that helps make that happen.
The Stables Craft Bar & Kitchen
121 Racecourse Rd, Ascot