Practising minimalism, the art of doing more with less, is said to free the mind and lighten the spirit. Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg is said to wear a grey tee to work every day to free himself from the burden of deciding what to wear. We can see the appeal in that. So when your wardrobe is full to bursting and your T-shirt drawer won’t close, it’s time to review the amount of stuff you own.
Here’s a list of dos and don’ts for achieving a minimalist wardrobe. It is possible to keep up with the times while gently paring and renewing items each season.
Now I’m not saying I don’t adore each of the looks listed below, but it’s important to consider the timelessness of the piece you are purchasing. The aim is to build a wardrobe that will last a lifetime.
1. The slouchy white shirt
2. The high-waisted pant
3. The cropped jean
4. The turtleneck knit
5. White on white
6. The classic black boot
7. The denim skirt
8. Make a statement with chunky sunglasses if you feel the need to make one.
9. The striped shirt
1. The colourful coat
2. The embellished shoe with OTT detailing
3. A white leather jacket
4. A head-to-toe printed set
5. Anything that has netting
6. A floral dress
7. The colourful statement scarf
Liked this? You’ll love these!
1. The Daily Edited: Exclusive Interview
2. Exclusive Interview: Organic Index
3. Exclusive Interview with Australian Designer Lucy Folk