While summer may officially have ended, our gorgeous Queensland weather means you can still channel chic lazy-days-in-the-sun style. The hair styling for Talulah’s Crystal Tropics collection channeled a very relaxed approach to complement the less structured and playful attributes of the collection. Keeping the overall look of the hair very organic and effortless, Craig describes the design as deliberately laid back infused with freehand texture.
“For me the spirit of Talulah is very feminine and effortlessly elegant. The collection is permeated with exotic prints and beautiful bold colour palette and so I wanted the hair silhouette to be very loose and relaxed, almost visually unwinding.”
Get the Look with Alter Ego Italy:
- Work Alter Ego Italy Hasty Too Voluxious Mousse through damp hair and blow dry, using a paddle brush to create natural texture and movement. Repeat this process to create a really solid texture that reduces the opportunity for the hair to separate.
– With separated fingers, loosely draw the hair up onto the top of the head, forward of the crown and secure a ponytail with a long piece of hat elastic.
– Take secured section and fold 2/3 of the hair in half to create a bulb shape top-knot and secure with another length of hat elastic.
– Take the tail of the hair and work freehand to diffuse texture into the outside lengths.
- Affix a length of hessian material, by folding a 15cm x 5cm length in half, folded in half and then cut on the crease and then pinning in place.
- Finish by lightly spraying the hair with Alter Ego Hasty Too Spray-it-On Extra Hold Hairspray.