Every time I pack to go on holiday, I pack just about everything in my wardrobe – with a minimum of five pairs of shoes. It’s easy to go overboard when you don’t know what you’ll want to wear a week from now – I don’t know about you, but my mood definitely impacts outfit selection!
Malinda Blacklow, owner and stylist at Ascot’s Since Boutique, offered some tips for filling our summer holiday suitcases, focusing on how to keep your outfit choices to a minimum while maintaining variety…
- Try to use a neutral theme with one or two co-ordinating colours. This also helps with cutting down the number of shoes! Stick to a pair of flats and one pair of heels or wedges… that’s it.
- Try to multi purpose items - such as your carry on bag can become your beach bag, your clutch can be used as jewellery case for travel, and a light, breezy maxi can double as a beach cover up.
- Always pack a one-piece, it can be worn as a top under a maxi skirt for evening wear or under a pair of shorts for lunch.
- Pack a pair of affordable sunnies for the beach and keep the designer style for poolside glamour.
- Last but not least, pack a long sleeve shirt, perfect for when those warm days turn into cool evenings and great for protecting the skin if you happen to go a little overboard and get sunburnt.
Here’s a few ideas for mixing and matching pieces to easily take you from beachside to bar…
Styling Tip: Head to the beach in your bikini with a loose men's shirt, unbuttoned, for a little sun protection. Then knot it and add a dressy pant and heel before hitting the bar.
Styling Tip: A full piece can double as a top under a pair of high-waisted shorts, so you can swan from the beach to the markets or head off and do a little exploring. Keep a maxi rolled up in your bag, lose the shorts and throw it over your swimmers, then head straight to dinner without needed to drop back to the hotel.
Styling Tip: Another easy day-to-night look, wear this Ziggy dress unbelted to the beach then add a touch of metalics and a cute heel for a relaxed cocktail outfit.
8/160 Racecourse Rd, Ascot
P 3162 6097