Public service announcement: put down the face masks and pick up a fork. Here’s how to hydrate your skin and get that glow you’ve always wanted, one mouthful at a time.
While a good skin regimen is obviously important, it’s less about what you put ON your skin and more about what you put IN your mouth. Make sense?
Cleanser can only do so much. If you’re snacking away on sugary treats, I can guarantee that it will show up on your skin sooner or later.
When looking to hydrate your skin, it’s safe to say that if something contains Silica, Omega-3 fatty acids or antioxidants, has a high water content or is predominantly green, it’s good.
1. Start your day the right way, with a serving of eggs.
2. If you’re craving a snack, munch on nuts (such as walnuts or almonds), and flax seeds.
3. Come lunch or dinner time, fill your plate with celery, cucumber, broccoli, dark leafy greens, radish, sweet potato, avocado and/or tomato.
4. Try whipping up a hearty green juice to really get your fix.
5. Fry up some fish (salmon if possible) in some extra virgin olive oil and complete the seafood affair with some fresh oysters.
6. For dessert, try a fruit salad and opt for papaya, watermelon, apple, kiwi fruit, grapefruit, orange, mango and berries.
7. Top off your sweet fix with some dark chocolate – mmm! It’s for the antioxidants, OK?
8. Green tea, while not technically a food, has amazing hydrating qualities, so drink up a few times a day if you can.
Great skin has never been so attainable, not to mention tasty. So what are you waiting for? Dig in!