It’s the biscuit love child.
We didn’t think our favourite Aussie treat could get any better… until Arnott’s Tim Tam collaborated with Gelato Messina!
The Style team was lucky enough to receive a delivery of these scrumptious treats and we can assure you, you’ll want to eat a whole packet of the new range in one sitting!
When Arnott’s approached Gelato Messina about creating gelato-inspired Tim Tam flavours, Gelato Messina was chuffed to get involved and excited to take on a new challenge.
At the Tim Tam headquarters in Western Sydney, the culinary team from Gelato Messina spent hours upon hours working with food technicians to taste endless rounds of gelato and create biscuit versions of their signature scoop flavours. From there, the biscuit love child was created!
These gelato-inspired Tim Tam biscuits have knocked our socks off with the new range of flavours including Choc Mint, Salted Caramel & Vanilla, Coconut & Lychee, and Black Forest.
The decadent mouth-watering desserts have been carefully tested and trialled to taste just like real gelato with distinct flavours made from the best ingredients!
The new Tim Tam range inspired by Gelato Messina is available in supermarkets and independent retailers now, and for only $3.65 a packet, you won’t be able to keep your hands off them!
This Tim Tam Messina Coconut & Lychee Cheesecake recipe is the perfect way to take the new collaboration one step further:
Tim Tam Messina Coconut & Lychee Cheesecake
Prep time: 30 mins
Chill time: 4 hours
• 1 packet Tim Tam by Gelato Messina, Coconut & Lychee flavour
• 3 medium coconuts, halved
• 1 tsp powdered gelatine
• 1 tbsp water
• 250g block cream cheese, chopped, softened
• 1/4 cup caster sugar
• 2/3 cup thickened cream, whipped
• Fresh lychees and toasted coconut, to decorate
1. Roughly chop 6 Tim Tam biscuits. Divide evenly among coconut halves. Reserve remaining.
2. Sprinkle gelatine over water in a small heatproof jug, and sit jug in a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until dissolved.
3. Remove jug and allow to cool slightly.
4. Beat cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer, until smooth.
5. Add cooled gelatine mixture. Beat until combined.
6. Fold in whipped cream.
7. Spoon evenly among coconut halves and smooth over tops.
8. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight until set.
9. Decorate with remaining Tim Tams, fresh lychees and coconut.
Liked this? You’ll love these!
1. The Ultimate Food Bucket List for 2017
2. Where to Get Dessert for Breakfast in Brisbane
3. How to Make Haigh’s Chocolates Triple Chocolate Christmas Semifreddo