Once you go frosé, you never go rosé.
It’s pink, it’s sugary, it’s totally Instagram-worthy and it’s BLOODY DELICIOUS. I’m talking about frosé, of course!
Frosé is the biggest drink trend to hit our mouths this summer. Maybe ever. It’s like the cocktail gods have combined all the fruity flavours of summer and blended it into one adorable drink.
Bar Primi in New York (not the cocktail gods themselves) is responsible for this stroke of genius, according to Insider. The manager of the bar innocently wondered what would happen to rosé if it were put into slushie form and our lives changed forever.
But the good news is you don’t have to trek all the way to NYC to taste this divine creation, because we have the game-changing recipe right here. ALL HAIL FROSÉ!
You will need:
- A blender
- One bottle of rosé
- 1 cup of strawberries (I prefer fresh, but frozen will also do the trick)
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- ¾ cup of vermouth
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 extra-large freeze-proof zip-lock bag
- 1 square baking tin
- Chop the heads off all the strawberries and quarter.
- Place the strawberries, sugar, vermouth and water in a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Place the large zip-lock bag into the baking dish.
- Empty the rosé into the bag and stir in the strawberry mixture.
- Close the zip-lock bag up and place in freezer for six to eight hours.
- To serve, stir the mixture and pour it into martini glasses.
- Garnish with a fresh strawberry, and prepare yourself for the tasty goodness that ensues.