CHECK OUT OUR UPDATED 2017 BRISBANE’S BEST TRUFFLE DISHES ARTICLE HERE
Ahhhh, truffles. Whether they’re whole or made into oil, these little fungi are a welcome addition to a wide range of meals. If you’re on the hunt for a flavour sensation, stop in at one of our favourite local eateries and tuck in to some of the best truffle dishes in all of Brisbane.
1. Truffle Risotto | Jamie’s Italian, Brisbane
When it comes to pasta, you just can’t go past Jamie’s Italian. For the most bellissimo serving of risotto this side of Rome, be sure to make Jamie’s your number one destination.
2. Truffled Mac’N’Cheese | Project 41, Bowen Hills
They say never mess with a classic. But whoever said that obviously hasn’t tried Project 41’s truffled mac’n’cheese. Imagine all the cheesy deliciousness combined with a rich truffle oil. Does it get any better than that?
3. Carpaccio di Manzo | Otto Ristorante, Brisbane CBD
Meat-lovers, you didn’t think we would forget about you, did you? The mouth-watering Carpaccio di Manzo from Otto Ristorante allows you to experience truffles the carnivorous way. Angus beef and truffle dressing – now that’s a match made in heaven.
4. Gnocchi | 1889 Enoteca, Woolloongabba
Did someone say sausages? The exquisite pork and fennel sausage in 1889 Enoteca’s much-loved gnocchi is only rivalled by the incredible black truffle tapenade in which it is coated. Stop by sometime soon for a long lunch like no other.
5. Gnocchi Ai Funghi | Grappino Ristorante Trattoria, Paddington
Veggie enthusiasts can enjoy some truffle-topped gnocchi at Grappino Ristorante Trattoria. This truffle dish is nothing short of delectable. It’s impossible not to fall in love with the fresh cream, white truffle oil, mushrooms, cheese and Pinot Grigio.
6. Funghi Pizza | Piccolo Pizza, Kangaroo Point
As much as we love a good old Hawaiian pizza, sometimes we just feel like something slightly fancier. If you’re nodding your head, then get your butt down to Piccolo Pizza and grab yourself a slice (or three) of their famous Funghi Pizza.
7. Confit Chicken Supreme | Aquitaine Brasserie, South Bank
Aquitaine Brasserie’s Confit Chicken Supreme is a hidden gem in the world of truffles. The truffled potato and leek puree brings an unexpected lightness to the traditionally rich dish. Intrigued? Try it yourself!
8. Shiitake Mushroom Tortellini | Deer Duck Bistro, Auchenflower
Add an Asian infusion to the typical truffle with Deer Duck Bistro’s Shiitake Mushroom Tortellini. The tasty tortellini are tossed in truffle butter and topped with shiitake mushrooms. Exotic eaters, this tasty meal will tick every box!
9. Fettuccini Pasta with Truffle and Mushrooms | Alchemy Restaurant and Bar, Brisbane
Who needs spaghetti when you can have fettuccini? If you ask me, old spag’s thicker (and considerably more delicious) cousin is one of the finest forms of pasta around and when mixed with truffle and mushrooms, it gets even better – if that’s possible.
10. Preserved truffle & whipped brie, spiced apple & lavosh | 85 Miskin Street, Toowong
Food connoisseurs, gather round! This dish is definitely the most lavish of the lot. But in all honesty, they had me at whipped brie!
11. Roasted Fig | Moda Restaurant, Brisbane CBD
Searching for an unusual way to enjoy your truffles? Look no further than Moda Restaurant. As obscure as it is opulent, the roasted fig is not for the fussy. The fruit is topped with exotic jamón, truffle pecorino and a hazelnut dressing – mmm!
12. Sautéed potato and Parmesan gnocchi, exotic mushrooms and truffle oil | Fish Lane Bistro, South Brisbane
I know what you’re thinking. More gnocchi? But believe me, it’s worth it. The potato is infused with flavoursome parmesan and coated in delicious truffle oil, creating a taste that well exceeds the usual mushroom-based meal.
13. Truffled scrambled eggs, pancetta crumb, onion jam & sourdough | Rogue Bar & Bistro, Newstead
Start your day the right way with some truffled scrambled eggs from Rogue Bar & Bistro. Forget poached – truffled eggs are on the rise!
14. Truffle Fries | Brew Café & Winebar, Brisbane CBD
Brew’s truffle fries and creamy aioli is something out of your most decadent dreams. Swap your usual chicken-salted snack (don’t worry, we still love you, old friend) for something a little more sophisticated. But be warned: once you go gourmet, you’ll never go back.
Liked this? You’ll love these!