Get the green light.
Some might consider it the most difficult colour to style, but we’ve finally discovered exactly how to accessorise with green. Here are our top tips:
1. Add some excitement to a basic, work-appropriate outfit. If you’ve been brought up with the fashion rule of “blue and green should never be seen”, you need to let it go. This combination is now widely accepted because it works, and it works well. Pair a navy double-breasted blazer with neutral trousers and fringed suede mules.
2. Go formal with a pair of intricate emerald earrings. Add your favourite sky-high black pumps and you’ll be sure to catch everyone’s eye.
3. If you want to keep it subtle, a studded bracelet can slowly ease you onto the greener grass on the other side.
4. A frosted, sage-toned shadow looks fabulous on any skin tone. This colour is the perfect autumn option and a smoky look will give you instant attitude.
5. A patterned scarf with a forest-toned lining will double as a style staple and your cool-weather best friend.
6. Are you carrying around a simple, understated (boring) black tote? Dip into some neon and your friends will be green with envy when you whip it out at brunch.
7. You can accessorise with green at home, as well. Give the green light to some fun new décor and the colour party can continue.
8. Turn heads this season with a sultry green lip. When opting for a shade this deep, just remember that it’s in everyone’s best interest to keep the eye neutral.
9. Pop on a pair of reflective shades and make a serious statement.
10. Back it up to Clueless days and add a nylon backpack with an eye-catching print.
11. Warm up during the cooler months with a funky fur scarf.
12. Paint on a green nail lacquer and prepare to be shocked by just how flattering it is.
13. A textured sandal with a pin-thin stiletto will be the glamorous focus of any outfit.
14. Bandanas and baseball caps take a back seat in autumn. The season’s best off-duty hair accessory is the felt hat.
15. A green handbag can be used every day. Just opt for an understated tone.
16. If you’re still fearful, embrace the colour slowly. Start with your phone case or a simple key chain.
17. Some people simply dislike green. It’s fine, I get it. If you can’t bring yourself to wear (or carry) the colour, then stick to consuming it. Green juices will never go out of style.
Liked this? You’ll love these!
1. How Buying a Handbag Can Be a Smart Investment
2. 7 Pieces of Statement Jewellery to Make Your Outfit Pop
3. Accessorise Summer with Kesä