Gone are the days crescent brows and thin arches – 2017 is all about embracing your shape! Whether you prefer your arches groomed to perfection or natural and free, your brows are the most important feature of your face so it’s important to give them a little TLC.
Keep your arches in shape with these tips from the wonderful team at The Brow Bar. From the best products to clever tricks, here’s everything you need to know to keep your brows looking sharp.
Just a quick note: This post is sponsored, but we only write about things we reckon you’ll love. Thanks The Brow Bar for all the tips on achieving the perfect brows!
1. When you’re looking to nourish your brows and encourage growth, a vitamin-rich brow serum is your best friend! Opt for nourishing formulas with active ingredients to stimulate growth. Protein rich formulas help strengthen hairs, while essential oils add extra moisture. Apply the growth serum to the root of the brow hair each evening and leave until morning. To aid natural brow growth, The Brow Bar have created their very own Brow & Lash Booster Growth Serum, which assists growing back over-plucked or finer brow hairs.
2. No need to allow your brows to get unruly! You can still achieve a gorgeous brow shape even when in brow-rehab. If you’re recovering from too-thin brows and trying to encourage brow growth, avoid plucking them to keep them tidy. Have a professional shape your brows to ensure you stay on the right track!
3. If you haven’t invested in a brow gel yet, then you are seriously missing out. The Brow Bar’s Brow Set gel perfectly sculpts your brows into the perfect shape and holds all day long – the perfect solution for even the most unruly brows. Flake and feather resistant, this must-have tool will keep your brows in check all day.
4. Pencil in any patchy growth with a brow pencil. The Brow Bar Brow Precision Pencil is the perfect tool for maintaining expertly shaped brows, as it’s precision tip perfectly mimics fine brow hairs, resulting in a perfect, natural look every single time. If you love the look of strong, sculpted brows, pencilling gives you enough control for fine detailing while still looking natural. Gone are the days of block, drawn-on brows!
5. Are you a gym bunny? The Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Brow Colour is a waterproof formula that will allow your perfectly groomed brows to remain unfazed all day long – even post workout!
6. Never blunt-cut your brows. We cannot emphasise this enough! Trimming brows is akin to fine art and not something that should be attempted unless by a professional. If you need to maintain your brows between appointments, pluck (to a minimum) and check out hint #2.
7. Never get your eyebrows shaped while lying down. It might sound wacky but when you think about it, it makes plenty of sense. Lying down means gravity shifts your body in different ways, including your face. To achieve a natural look that compliments your face, make sure your beautician finishes off the brow shape (with tweezers) while you are sitting upright and with your eyes open. When eyes are closed the minute muscles in and around your eyes can change with your expression. People normally raise a brow slightly when eyes are closed, depending on their mood.
8. For a little extra nourishment, Blackmores Nails, Hair & Skin supplements can help encourage growth. Foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids, such as salmon, walnuts, and peanut butter, can also be effective.
9. Be gentle when applying makeup, and try to avoid using too many products on your brows. Groom and fill in your arches carefully using light strokes. When removing makeup, use a gentle cleanser that doesn’t irritate or rub your brows. If you find that you tend to lose a few hairs when using a certain product, it might be time to consider swapping it out. Treat those babies with tender love and care, and they will love you back.
Feature Image: Flaunter
Liked this? You’ll love these!
1. 21 Lazy Girl Beauty Tricks You Need To Know
2. 7 Bizarre Beauty Treatments You Need To Try Asap!
3. I Got My Eyebrows Tattooed And This Is What I Learned